Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paint a Patrick



Being the eldest of the siblings of three,
With a little but not little brother so lazy,
I’m obliged to do his responsibility.


Yesternight, my mom and my brother kept reminding harassing me to draw a picture on his canvas tomorrow, which is today. I already drew for him months ago, but it was hard for him to paint for it was a landscape, and thus his painting sucked.


Being a good sister, this morning, I searched for an easier picture for me to draw and for him to paint. The only image I thought of drawing was a cartoon character. Simple. Not so much shading. Outlining is possible. The first cartoon character that popped out of my head was Patrick Star. Patrick Star has been my favorite cartoon character since I was 16. He is adorable and humorously dumb. My sister and brother insisted on Spongebob Squarepants. They reasoned that he is easier to draw than Patrick. We had a little argument last night but in the end, my Patrick won because it will no be them who will draw but me.


Thanks to http://www.drawingnow.com/how-to-draw-patrick-star.html for making Patrick easier for me to draw.


Night time came and my the rest of the family arrived home from school/work. I asked my brother if they aren’t allowed to paint it at home. He said they can but not all. Excited as a kid, I looked for his acrylic paints and brushes, and hurried upstairs. I’m not really artistic, but when it comes to Patrick, I’d go hyper.


I was dismayed when I opened the box of paints. All colors were left untouched except for the white. There’s no more white and his paint contained no pink. White is essential so I could mix it with red to make pink.


I went to the cellar and looked for some alternative. Good thing, there was an old water color. I brought it upstairs and started mixing colors. Here is the result of my dandy hands:





didn't make it alone though. Mixing and painting with the help of my sister. We left the background untouched because my brother has to let his teacher see him doing the work. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment